What do you get when you combine a curious toddler, water, glass, electric lights, a daddy who’s anal about his hardwood floor, and a faulty Christmas tree stand?
Actually, the scene I walked into this morning can’t be blamed on Seabass. He was an innocent bystander. No, this was the fault of our pathetically underperforming Christmas tree stand: You know, the one we bought for something like $0.75 ten years ago at a Rite Aid in Berkeley, swearing we’d buy a “real” one next year and next year and next year? Yup, that’s the one.
While what we’re calling The Horizontal Christmas Tree Incident (HCTI) wasn’t technically Seabass’ fault, he sure managed to make clean-up impossible. Try asking a 19-month-old little boy to sit down and watch as you sweep up shards of glass and glittery water (from the shattered snow globes ornaments, natch), and you’ll get the picture.