No more babies.

29 Oct

Jake has scheduled the appointment.  The vasectomy train has left the station.

We’re all so very different, girls. I know several of you who were devastated to see your spouse go in for the procedure.  Your reason?  No more pregnancy, no more babies.  Finality.

I, on the other hand, am perfectly happy to let Jake get snipped.  My reason?  No more pregnancy, no more babies.  Finality.

This is not an impulsive decision – I assure those of you who want to jump down our throats for acting too soon, or for acting whilst in the throes of newbornhood.  Jake and I both grew up in families of four.  It’s what we know.  It’s also impossible to picture where another child would sleep in our little cottage.  Or where the money would come from to clothe them.  Or where the sanity would come from to parent them.

So we’re throwing in the towel, and we’re beyond excited to stop here.  Because seriously, how cute is this little bunch?  Best to stop while we’re ahead.

Our completed tribe.

Advertisements

10 Responses to “No more babies.”

1. Anonymous October 29, 2012 at 10:26 am #

Isn’t there another family member that is missing from the photo?

• Jaime October 29, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

Ouch. Yes there is. Lowest “child” on the totem pole these days.

2. Kelly October 29, 2012 at 10:51 am #

I hope you do not experience a loss like mine. I’d hate for your family to become 3 against our will, and be powerless to change it.

3. Christina October 29, 2012 at 12:15 pm #

Hey, I was surprise you guys went from 0 to 1, and then 1 to 2! Thank you for sharing. For me it is so hard to figure out. My Dad got snipped and then they did a reversal, couldn’t get pregnant, looked into adoption, etc. (we actually had a foster daughter for about a year when I was a kid)…which is probably why it’s hard to decide for us, me 🙂 Maybe one more…maybe no more…very hopeful NOT to get pregnant any time soon 🙂 Loving our 1 and only baby Annabelle…plan to keep it that way…at least for the next 5 years.

4. Gina October 29, 2012 at 2:02 pm #

Just make sure Jake goes in for the follow-up appointment! I know of at least 3 couples with a vasectomy oops baby because the husband skipped the post procedure check-up . Quite a surprise!

5. Jenn Avila October 29, 2012 at 6:25 pm #

wow. interesting comments.
    congrats girl. FREEDOM!!

6. Sandi October 29, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

I asked the doctor if I could watch- just to make sure it was done right! Here’s the freedom and joy in your relationship: after a married lifetime of thinking of birth control you can have sex with abandon….if you’re not too tired…which you are…but they grow up and really its very cool. Schedule that wiggler count and follow up visit!

7. Travis Avila October 30, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

If you’re anything like us, the vasectomy couldn’t happen soon enough. Jenn wanted me to have it done WHILE she was pushing the baby out.

8. Anonymous October 31, 2012 at 6:38 am #

I’m with ya sister!

9. Marta November 1, 2012 at 10:42 am #

Hey if you know you’re done, you know you’re done!