I can’t take it any longer. My hair: it’s trying to kill me.
Most of my life I’ve had long – LONG – hair, with intermittent bouts of shorter cuts. Right now, I’m coming out of a short-hair spell of about two and a half years because I kept seeing beautiful women with long hair who made me believe I could once again pull it off.
So here are my pros and cons for long hair:
- It looks pretty
- Makes me feel like I haven’t 100% surrendered to the ‘mom look’
- Doesn’t require a cut as often – saves $$
- Jake likes to play with it
- Takes forever to dry
- Gives Seabass something to cling to, i.e. leads to bald spots
- Too heavy to keep out of my face with an elastic
- Potentially dowdy, flat, and Amish-esque
- Suffocates me in my sleep
- Gets in the way of everything
- Jake likes to play with it, maybe a little too much
Looks like I want short hair. How about you? What works for you as a mom?