Oh yeah, the dog. Part deux.

16 Nov

Watch yo back, suckas.

So, a few weeks ago I mentioned that our dog, Murphy, has somehow been chosen to appear on Animal Planet’s America’s Cutest Dog II.  Let me reiterate what I shared last time: We didn’t apply for this honor.  It all happened serendipitously through the miracle that is the internet.  And, quite simply, because our dog truly is America’s cutest.

Anyway, we’ve received word that Murph’s television debut is this Saturday, November 20th at 9PM Eastern Time/Pacific Time, 8PM Central Time.  And again, this is on Animal Planet.  Here’s the bit of text from the official press release we received this week:

Dogs are America’s favorite animal, and the clips you are about to see make it totally clear that this is absolutely the case! Animal Planet is on a quest to find the cutest dog moments on the planet.

Hmph.  I usually couldn’t care less about adorable dog moments on TV – and really, do I have time to be entering my little dog in cuteness competitions? – but being a first-born over-ambitious psycho, I am dedicating far too much energy and thought to ensuring that Murph reigns supreme.

Case in point:

Through the wonder that is the blogosphere, I am able to peek behind the curtain and see who views Higher Highs, Lower Lows each day.  (Apparently most of you are single [!], female [no surprise there] and viewing my blog from work [naughty naughty.]) I’m also able to see what search terms people entered into Google to find me.  Usually, the terms lean toward the sad and desperate: spanking children, post-partum depression, and lack of bladder control.  But the day we got news that Murph was going to be on Animal Planet, a new search came up on my blog:

dogs competing for americas cutest dog

Here’s what this means: Someone is out there trying to size-up the other competing dogs.  They’ve seen Murph on this blog and they’ve felt his awesome powers of seduction.  And now they’re scared poopless because their dog doesn’t even begin to compare.

HEAR YE, HEAR YE, RASCAL INTRUDERS!  BEWARE THE GREAT AND POWERFUL DREAD SOVEREIGN MURPHY.  HE WILL DOMINATE AND YOU WILL PAY.

That is all.  I’m okay.

Hope you can watch Murph kick serious heiney on TV this Saturday.

Advertisements

11 Responses to “Oh yeah, the dog. Part deux.”

1. Sara Nesper November 16, 2010 at 11:20 am #

Go Murph!!! You are awesome and I love you and I hope you kick some serious heiney. I will have Aaron record it for sure.

2. photosheri November 16, 2010 at 11:39 am #

How do you see stats like male/female, single/married etc?? I can only figure out how to see total visits to site and stuff like that. The other stats you mention sound so much more interesting!

3. Shody November 16, 2010 at 12:06 pm #

As a transgendered polygamist viewing your website from my mancave in the woods, I hope I can skew your statistics.

• jaimeclewis November 16, 2010 at 12:20 pm #

So YOU’RE the one!

• Harry 404 November 16, 2010 at 1:54 pm #

Wait, can you actually tell what we’re wearing when viewing your blog? I’m gonna have to stop surfing the net in my jammies.

• Harry 404 November 16, 2010 at 1:55 pm #

P.S. GO MURPH!

4. KatyM November 16, 2010 at 12:07 pm #

The Dread Cutest Murph has come for your SOUUUUUUUULLLLLLL!

5. Iss November 16, 2010 at 2:44 pm #

Murph IS the cutest little cartoon dog..HANDS DOWN. He will put all those other dogs to shame. 🙂

6. Jim November 19, 2010 at 9:22 am #

Cuteness does not last forever. Quincy would crush him if we were so shallow as to pursue some public attention like this…

🙂

• Jacob November 19, 2010 at 5:06 pm #

Jim, Jim. Maybe cuteness didn’t last forever for you or your mangy animal, but have you seen Murph? He is perpetually cute. Quincy could only crush Murph if he sat on him.