Well, well, well. To say that you have “feelings” about minivans would be like saying you all have “feelings” about pedophiles. WOWSA! Since I started Higher Highs, Lower Lows about 14 months ago, never have I seen such a response to any topic – not spanking, working outside the home or even the crazy Chinese dragon mother. Well done, team HHLL. We are officially that shallow.
I just want to follow-up on the topic of minivans with some of my thoughts since you’ve all written in.
1. I really the like the Swagger Wagon video. It is brilliant.
2. But……I still don’t want a minivan. In fact, your ire and arduous attempts at persuasion have perhaps made me even more anti than ever.
3. That’s not to say I’ll never drive one. I may at some point be forced to get behind the wheel of an Odyssey, but I can promise you this: I will hate every minute of it.
4. I can’t seem to get my panties unwadded after being accused of being less than a “real” mom for having only one child. It might be a permanent condition.
5. I’m mortified that my dad called me to the carpet about our childhood vehicle. Apologies: It was a Dodge Ram van, not an Econoline. *blush*